DEEM is an acronym for Digital Economy Emerging Managers. The DEEM programme is LEAD Resources’ intensive 3-month internship for graduates designed to equip them with practical knowledge of and competencies for the Digital Economy. The DEEM programme provides measurable on-the-job training that yields performance allowances and commissions during the internship.
The DEEM programme is designed for graduates who have completed the mandatory NYSC year or will complete it in about two months.
The minimum qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND equivalent
- NYSC call up letter or certificate
Other requirements include:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet
- Proficiency in the use of English language (spoken and written)
- Learning agility and zeal to upskill
- Critical thinking and stress management
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters
- Ability to develop SMART goals and prioritize
- A good laptop and smartphone.
You may apply for the DEEM programme within the stipulated times on the DEEM programme calendar. As of this moment, registration is ongoing as the next round of the DEEM programme is scheduled to kick off in October, 2020
- Register by clicking here
- Submit your CV and cover letter (letter of motivation) through the registration form
- Note that the deadline for submission for the second batch of participants is 25th September 2020.
- Anticipate a response from the organization if shortlisted
The DEEM programme offers blended training 90% online and 10% offline. Only participants who reside in/are willing to undertake projects within Abeokuta engage in the offline training. Hence, almost the entire training occurs online via designated collaboration platforms while on-site training takes place at the head office of LEAD Resources in Abeokuta, Ogun state.
The internship spans 13 weeks 65 working days. It is sub-divided into 4 phases:
- Capacity Building: The first 5 weeks of the programme
- Experiential Learning: The second 5 weeks of the programme
- Monitoring & Evaluation: The next 2 weeks of the programme
- Winding Down & Graduation: The last week of the programme
Typically, 2 online live sessions are held during the week at a generally convenient time after which simple tasks or projects are given for the day/week. Our live sessions last for about 2 hours.
No, this is a paid internship. A commitment fee of N50,000 is required. You may either pay in full prior to commencement or in 2 or 3 installments before the stipulated dateline. Most participants however earn back part or all of their fees in the form of performance allowance and/or commissions during the internship.
Yes, you will obtain a certificate of completion from LEAD Resources at the end of the training.
After the internship, all successful interns are either retained or referred to partner organizations of LEAD Resources for gainful employment.